Saturday, January 27, 2007

Bobby Goepfert is Awesome


DENVER, Colorado -- Last night, I went to see the University of Denver, then ranked #5 in the country, face off against St. Cloud State (#4). Although I was rooting for DU, I was very impressed by St. Cloud, particularly Senior goalie Bobby Goepfert. Although St. Cloud's 3-0 lead was whittled down to 3-2, he made some absolutely spectacular saves. Some more timely saves by his counterpart, the Pioneer's Glenn Fisher, could have given Denver a shot at victory in this one, but nonetheless, Goepfert, I felt, was the difference maker.

I was quite perturbed to not hear his name among the game's three stars, but in my opinion, he was the player of the game.

St. Cloud improved to 17-4-4, good for second place in the WCHA, while Denver kept their hold on third place while falling to 18-9-2.

Photo credit: Jason Waldowski, uscho.com.

No comments: